I said I'd be surprised if they didn't find anything wrong with me during my lap, but it seems that everything is pretty much in order! My tubes ARE clear (hooray!!!!), I don't have any endometriosis and my ovaries are normal. I do have a fibroid in my uterus (which we already knew about from an ultrasound I had last year), but it's not in a place where it's causing a problem, so they left it there. My right ovary had some adhesions beneath it and they removed those. And that was about it. Overall, everything was fairly normal and nothing was found that should be keeping us from getting pregnant.
Going forward, the doctor wants to monitor my cycles (ovulation, progesterone levels and maybe a midcycle ultrasound to look at the follicles). He said he's optimistic! I said before that I hoped they found something wrong and it was something they could fix. But now I'm thankful that they didn't find anything. I've always thought I was ovulating normally, but maybe I'm not. I know in the past that my progesterone level hasn't been as high as my doctor would like it to be, although I don't think it's really been low. So hopefully we can give my cycles a boost and this time next year we will either have a baby or be pregnant!
As for the aftermath of the surgery...it's been a pain. Of course, I was sore for a few days (I'm still tender). I had some nausea. And I had constipation. For about a week. I finally resorted to drinking a bottle of magnesium citrate (which I what I had to drink before my surgery to clean me out) to get things going. I drank this second bottle on Thanksgiving, so you can tell how my holiday went. Anyway, things seem to be back to normal in that department. Then, about a week after my surgery, I developed an itchy rash on my abdomen. My doctor said he thinks it might be an allergic reaction to the stuff they put on me to sterilize that area prior to surgery. In addition to this, I have some red puffiness around one of my incisions (well, two, but one is much worse) and my belly button is all crusty and itchy. The doctor thinks I might have a yeast infection in my belly button. I'm not sure how that happened, if that's the case, but he gave me some cream to put on it. He told me to put moist heat on the incisions (which look fine, even though the areas around them don't look great) and to take Benadryl to control the itching. I told him I had taken some Benadryl, but it wasn't helping. But I was only taking 25 mg and he said that wasn't enough and to take 50 mg. Well, 25 mg is enough to make me sleepy, so 50 mg can knock me out, but I've been doing that today and the itching has definitely been better and the rash is not as bad. I have even managed to stay awake at work! I wonder how long it'll be before all of this goes away. I just didn't realize I was going to have all this extra stuff to deal with after the surgery. But, I'm still glad I had it done.
I have less than nine months to go before I start law school! It's been almost eight months since I found out I had been accepted to law school and it has flown by. I imagine the next few months will also. In January, we're supposed to find out about scholarship awards, so I'm looking forward to that. I feel pretty confident that I'll receive something. I just hope it's enough to make a decent dent in the student loans. I hate being in debt. I guess I should be used to it. I've been in debt since I was 18 and started college. But when you're that age, you're not thinking about it. Now, I'm thinking about it. Because I know it has to be paid back. And I know I'll have to find a job that pays well enough to enable me to pay it back. The bad thing is, I still have student loans from my undergraduate days, so whatever I incur for law school is just added to that. Yuck.
This weekend we are headed to Gatlinburg for Christmas with my husband's family. It got to be too much for everyone to exchange gifts, so now his parents treat us all to a family trip each year instead of buying gifts. Works for me! They have a house in the Smoky Mountains, so that's where we'll be staying. We usually go out to eat, maybe go to a show or do laser tag or something like that. Should be fun!
In other exciting news...we got a new camera! It's so much better than the one we had previously. So maybe I will actually post some pictures on my blog now.
Nov 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.