Nov 12, 2010

I'm ready.

My husband finally agreed to the lap! I'm having it done on November 19th. Up until earlier this week, I wasn't nervous about it--just excited to find out what's going on in there. But now I'm nervous. Mostly about the surgery itself (I'm not thrilled about going under general anesthesia), but also a little about what we'll find out.

But I'm ready! It's been two long and stressful years, wondering what's wrong (if anything) with my body, watching so many people around me get pregnant and have babies, being angry about my circumstances and feeling sorry for myself. I'm ready for this part of the journey to end--the part where I don't know what's causing the infertility.

Of course, I'm hoping for good news (which at this point involves there being a problem they can fix and them fixing it, rather than not finding anything--if they don't find anything wrong, then we really have a problem). But it will be somewhat of a relief just to get some answers, even if they aren't what I want to hear. For example, if we find out that it's unlikely we'll conceive without medical intervention, then we know we need to make a plan (i.e. figure out how we're going to save up money) for future medicines and/or procedures. If we find out that it's unlikely we'll conceive even with help, then we know our focus needs to change to adoption. (I don't anticipate that being the case, but you never know.) I will be very surprised if they don't find something wrong. I'm just hoping it's nothing they can't fix.

In less stressful news, my favorite movie, "Back to the Future", was shown at a local movie theater on Tuesday night and J and I went to see it. I just love that movie and it was cool to see it on the big screen. In fact, I noticed a lot of details that I never had before. We were in the fourth row from the front (closer than we prefer to be), so it was definitely different than watching it at home on our (comparatively small) television.

Last weekend, we went to visit J's sister and her husband in Huntsville, Alabama. We girls did some shopping (including buying Brody a banana suit--a clearance Halloween costume; he hates it, but he looks really cute in it!), while the boys did some nerdy boy stuff. Then we met up to go to the Space and Rocket Center. I had been there before, but I was pretty young (maybe 6 or 7). I think it was a lot cooler then, but it may just be that I'm older now and it's more difficult to impress me. At any rate, it wasn't very exciting. After that, we went to eat at a yummy barbeque restaurant, then went back to their house and watched "Toy Story 3". It was a really good movie (even J liked it), but it totally made me cry.

This weekend, I'm going to the eye doctor and it's time to pick out new glasses frames! I like the ones I have now, but after wearing them for over two years, it's time for a change. I used to try to avoid wearing my glasses. But I can't really wear contacts (my eyes tend to be on the dry side and contacts are so uncomfortable for me), so I finally gave in to the glasses. Now I wear them all the time. I think I look better without them, but I guess that's part of getting older--giving up some of your vanity for comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.