October has proved to be a pretty busy month around our house. J finally found a job and although it's only part-time right now (we're hoping it'll eventually turn in to full-time), it's helping to keep him busy. He's also been doing some computer work with his on-the-side business and has had things going on several weekends this month. He has an out-of-town job later this week, so he's leaving me from Thursday to Saturday, I think. As far as I know, this is the last thing he has scheduled for the time being. The weather has finally turned nice and I hope it stays this way for a while. It'd be nice to have some weekends to enjoy it together! At least I've had the doggies to keep me company while J's been so busy. Although, admittedly, the three of us actually just spend a good deal of the time he's gone sitting on the couch watching TV. BUT, it's not often that I have time to do that (or have total control of the remote without someone complaining about what I'm watching), so I have to take advantage of it!
I think I had vowed to start exercising regularly when I had my 31st birthday in August, but I didn't really get going on that until the end of September. A few weeks late is certainly better than never. I've been running! I started out walking and running, but now I can run for 30 minutes straight. I'm very proud of myself, as I don't believe I've ever done this before in my life. (If you are a real runner, please don't laugh. I guess 30 minutes is not that long. But I'm new to this.) I'm going to continue to try to do that each time I work out until it's comfortable and I feel like I can do more, then start adding time on. Our treadmill has a display on it that tells you how far you've gone, but the battery needs to be replaced. I tried to do it...but I can't get the battery out. So I'm waiting on J to do it. I'm very curious to know how far I've been going. I'm thinking about doing a half marathon at the end of April, but I really don't want to do it by myself. I'd love it if J would do it with me, but I'm still trying to talk him in to working out at all. So we'll see. It also costs around $100 to enter and I don't know if it's worth that. But I think that having a goal would be good motivation to keep working out and pushing myself to do better.
I'm still waiting on J to give me the final "yes" for the surgery. He has been so busy lately that he hasn't had much time to think about it. He's leaning toward "yes" and I think that will be the final verdict, but I wish he'd hurry up! I had it scheduled for December, but went ahead and moved it up to November. My pre-op appointment is November 1st--just two weeks away. It's probably not normal to be so excited to have surgery, but I'm beyond ready to know what's going on with my uncooperative reproductive system!
I'm hoping to buy a new camera soon and then I'll start posting some pictures on my blog. Our current camera is old. Old and sad. I actually think it came out of the garbage. Really. J used to work at this technology store/computer repair place and I think he found it in the garbage there. It works, but it really is time for it to go. I don't need anything too fancy right now (we'll get something nice when it's baby time), just something less bulky and that takes better pictures. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend more than $200.
Oct 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm VERY impressed! I started running way back in MARCH and I'm only now up to 2.25 miles (takes me around 26 minutes), so WELL DONE!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with running! I started earlier this year (springtime) and I'm only just now up to 30 minutes at a stretch - haha! Give us an update on your pre-op appt!!
ReplyDelete