Feb 28, 2012

37 Weeks

Baby boy is full term today! It's very exciting to be at this point. I'm also starting to stress a little because I don't know WHEN it's going to happen. I don't know WHEN he's going to arrive. It could be anytime in the next five weeks. We are still pretty far from having the house and nursery ready for his arrival, so I hope it's not too soon. But there's just no way to know how much time we have. I feel like I've been fairly calm up until this point, but now that we've hit the 37 week mark, I feel some anxiety about not knowing. Don't get me wrong--I don't WANT to know. I could never be one of those women who pick their baby's due date (unless I had to for a medical reason). But that doesn't make it less stressful!

Everything is going well. I haven't had any signs that I'm making any progress towards labor yet. The midwives I'm seeing generally don't check to see if you're progressing unless there's a reason to, so it's just a waiting game for now.

We're hoping to get the house to the point where we can get the nursery put together this weekend. I'll feel better when that's done. (Even though the baby is probably not going to be sleeping in there for a while.) We have so much stuff of his that needs to be put away and right now we have nowhere to put it. His nursery is currently the guest room, but we've been sleeping in there for months because the mattress in there is more comfortable (although it's smaller) than the one in the master bedroom. So right now the master bedroom is Baby Stuff Central. And some of the bigger stuff (including the crib) is still at my in-law's house. When we get the guest room cleaned out and move the baby stuff in there, we'll be back in the master bedroom. But we're getting a new mattress for that room, which we're pretty excited about. So much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.