Last month, my husband surprised me with tickets to the NKOTBSB concert in town. (That's New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys, for those of you who didn't listen to boy bands when you were a kid.) I was pretty excited! (And J got the tickets from his job and didn't have to pay for them, so that made it even better.) I was never a huge fan of the BSB, but I did like NKOTB when I was younger. It was fun (and cheesy) hearing all those songs from the old days. And there is nothing like 40 year old men trying to be as "cool" as they were when they were teenagers. It was hilarious. Even J seemed to have a good time, although I think he is hesitant to admit this since it involves losing his "man card".
We also recently went to a theme park to enjoy a day of fun, rollercoasters (and other rides, of course) and people watching. Oh, the people. I think it is possible that I saw more tattoos in that one day than I have in all the previous days of my life put together. It was crazy. I have a couple of tattoos (small ones) so I'm not against them. But most of these were just not attractive and too big! Don't they know how they're going to look when they're 80 years old? I'm guessing most of them don't care or haven't thought about it. At any rate, it was interesting.
I'm supposed to be studying for the LSAT that I'm retaking in October, but I haven't spent much time on it lately. It is so boring and it's pretty easy for me to find something else to do that's more important or pressing. I mean, I have to do laundry and cook dinner, right? And by the time I get home from work and do all the stuff around the house, my brain is too tired to study. I can easily stay up until midnight or later most nights, but not if I'm trying to read something. Even if it's something I want to read, it puts me to sleep. And, trust me, the LSAT study books and questions are not things that anyone (in their right mind) wants to read.
I fully intend to get some pictures on here at some point. I promise! Blogs are so much better with pictures (in my opinion).
Jul 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.